The Private Capital Markets Association of Canada (PCMA)™ is a not-for-profit association originally founded in 2002 by a group of Canadian business professionals whose firms were active in the exempt securities market. Originally, the Limited Markets Dealers Association of Canada™, and then from 2009-2014, the Exempt Market Dealers Association of Canada™, the PCMA is charting a new course for the private capital markets in Canada.
™ Note: "Exempt Market Dealers
Association of Canada", "EMD Association" and "Limited Market Dealers
Association of Canada" are registered trademarks of the Private Capital
Markets Association of Canada.
The purpose of the PCMA is to:
- Be the effective national voice of Canada’s private capital markets and represent the interests of exempt market dealers, exempt market issuers and industry professionals to securities regulators, government, industry associations, the capital markets and the public.
- Assist our members with understanding their regulatory responsibilities through industry publications, educational opportunities and connections to compliance, regulatory, finance and legal resources.
- Provide regulatory updates to assist our members in staying ahead of regulatory change, and the tools to adapt and succeed in our regulatory environment when necessary.
- Ensure the highest standards of business conduct amongst our members across Canada.
Increase public and industry awareness of the important role of Canada’s private capital markets.
- Provide valuable membership services and cost saving opportunities to our members.
- Networking and business opportunities for our members across Canada.
The PCMA is governed by its membership through a volunteer Board of
Directors elected by its membership. The Board meets regularly (8-10 times) throughout the year and is elected at the PCMA's annual
general membership meeting. The PCMA is managed on a day-to-day basis by
an Executive Committee and Executive Officers appointed by the
Board of Directors. Contact information for the members of the Board of Directors and the Executive is posted on our website - see "Board of Directors".
The membership of the PCMA is comprised of over 300 member firms including:
- Firms registered as exempt market dealers with securities regulators in one or more jurisdictions across Canada and the dealing representatives of those firms;
- Exempt market issuers;
- Professional advisers and service providers to the exempt market including lawyers, accountants, compliance advisers, shareholder advisers, corporate communications advisers, investment professionals and others.
To request more information about the PCMA please contact:
Executive Director, Private Capital Markets Association of Canada