OSC publishes 2012 Annual Summary Report for Registrants
OSC Staff Notice 33-738
2012 OSC Annual Summary Report for Dealers, Advisers and Investment Fund Managers
The Ontario Securities Commission has published its annual report for Dealers, Advisers and Investment Fund Managers (as OSC Staff Notice 33-738). This report will be useful for persons and companies registered with the OSC as exempt market dealers, scholarship plan dealers, portfolio managers or investment fund managers and will assist them in understanding and complying with their regulatory obligations under Ontario securities law.
It was prepared by the OSC's Compliance and Registrant Regulation (CRR) Branch, which registers and oversees approximately 1,300 firms and 66,000 individuals in Ontario that trade or advise in securities or commodity futures, or act as IFMs.
The report includes:
The registrants can use this report as a self-assessment tool to strengthen their compliance with Ontario securities law, and to improve their systems of internal control and supervision.
- new and proposed rules and other initiatives impacting registrants
- OSC's focus on KYC and suitability assessments by registrants
- registrant misconduct cases of interest
- registration information for firms and individuals, and
- current trends in deficiencies from compliance reviews of registrants (with suggested practices to address them)
You can access this report through this link.